Meteorologist Ray Stagich
Tuesday, March 1st, 2016
1-3″ of snow and ice expected this morning…creating slippery travel!
SUNRISE AND SUNSET
MARCH 1 2016 – SUNRISE 626 AM CST SUNSET 542 PM CST
MARCH 2 2016 – SUNRISE 624 AM CST SUNSET 544 PM CST
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF…AURORA…WHEATON…CHICAGO
341 AM CST TUE MAR 1 2016
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM CST THIS MORNING
* TIMING…A COMBINATION OF FREEZING RAIN…SLEET…AND SNOW
BECOMING ALL SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THIS MORNING.
* ICE ACCUMULATION…A LIGHT COATING OF ICE IS POSSIBLE EARLY THIS MORNING…CAUSING SLICK ROAD CONDITIONS ON UNTREATED SURFACES.
* SNOW ACCUMULATION…BETWEEN 1 AND 3 INCHES OF SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED THROUGH THIS MORNING.
2)JEFFERSON-WAUKESHA-MILWAUKEE-WALWORTH-RACINE-KENOSHA-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF…JEFFERSON…LAKE MILLS…WAUKESHA…BROOKFIELD…MILWAUKEE…ELKHORN…LAKE GENEVA…RACINE…KENOSHA
340 AM CST TUE MAR 1 2016
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM CST THIS
AFTERNOON…WINTER STORM WARNING IS CANCELLED…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY…WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON. THE WINTER STORM WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
* TIMING…EXPECT SNOW TO CONTINUE…DIMINISHING AROUND 2 PM.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS…ADDITIONAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 2 TO 3 INCHES ARE EXPECTED. HIGHEST AMOUNTS NEAR LAKE MICHIGAN.
Today | Snow with sleet and freezing rain mixing in…..along with gusty winds at times. Some sleet may mix in. High near 30F. Winds NNE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 100%. Snow/Ice accumulating 1 to 3 inches. (Higher amounts will be just north…)
Tonight | Partly cloudy. Low 16F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow | Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. High 32F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night | Cloudy. Snow showers developing after midnight. Low around 25F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Snowfall around one inch.
Thursday | Morning snow showers. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the low 20s.
Friday | Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the upper 20s.
Saturday | Rain and snow showers in the morning. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the upper 20s.