(CHICAGO) The Chicago White Sox released an initial list of ballpark promotions and dates for the 2018 season.
The White Sox will continue the popular $1 Hot Dog Wednesdays promotion in 2018, offering Vienna Beef hot dogs for $1 at concession stands on the 100 and 500-level concourses, in-seat vending as well as club level concessions.
The 2018 season also will bring the return of Free T-Shirt Thursdays – allowing the first 10,000 fans who enter Guaranteed Rate Field to take home a specially designed T-shirt for eight Thursday games throughout the season, excluding Opening Day at Guaranteed Rate Field on April 5. This is the fifth season of this promotion.
Coca-Cola Family Sundays return with specially priced tickets and kid-friendly entertainment for families on Sunday games during the 2018 season, excluding the game against the Cubs on September 23. The initial promotional schedule also includes the following fan-favorite theme nights:
- Dog Day on April 23 vs. Seattle
- Italian Heritage Night and Fireworks, presented by Beggars Pizza on Friday, May 18 vs. Texas
- Mother-Son Day on Sunday, May 20 vs. Texas
- Weather Day, presented by WGN-TV, on May 24 vs. Baltimore
- Father-Daughter Day on Sunday, June 17 vs. Detroit
- Polish Heritage Night on Wednesday, June 27 vs. Minnesota
- Greek Heritage Night on Wednesday, July 11 vs. St. Louis
- Christmas in July on Sunday, July 29 vs. Toronto
- Halfway to Mardi Gras on Tuesday, August 7 vs. New York
- Hispanic Heritage Night and Fireworks, presented by Modelo on Friday, September 7 vs. Los Angeles
In addition to Family Sundays and theme nights, the 2018 schedule is highlighted by several premium giveaways, including the return of the popular Los White Sox Soccer Jersey giveaway, presented by Coca-Cola, to the first 20,000 fans on Cinco de Mayo, May 5 vs. Minnesota. Initial giveaway items also include:
- White Sox Winter Hat, presented by Coca-Cola: The first 15,000 fans who enter the ballpark will take home the winter hat giveaway on April 7 vs. Detroit.
- Fireworks and MLB Network Tote Bag: The first 20,000 fans to the ballpark will receive a tote bag on April 20 vs. Houston.
- White Sox Quarter-Zip Pullover, presented by Guaranteed Rate: The first 15,000 fans to the ballpark receive a White Sox quarter-zip pullover on April 21 vs. World Series Champion Houston.
- White Sox Hawaiian Floppy Hat, presented by Beggars Pizza: The first 20,000 fans to the ballpark will take home a White Sox Hawaiian floppy hat on June 16 vs. Detroit.
Additional events, theme nights and giveaways will be added and announced as Opening Day approaches. The promotional schedule can be found at whitesox.com/promos.
Select spring training and all regular season games will be heard on WLS-AM 890.
© 2017 Chicago White Sox