Episode 35 – Galentine’s Day
Special Guest: Samantha Brown
World Traveler/Host of “Places to See” on PBS
Colleen & Catie’s Picks for Galentine’s Day/Valentine’s Day
City: Tahoe – California/Nevada
Accommodations: Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe
Restaurant: Lone Eagle Grill
Activity: Casino, Spa, or Skiing
Accommodations: A relaxing night at home
Restaurant: Dinner close to home
Activity: Sitting by the fire at home, watching a movie
Accommodations: The Gwen
Restaurant: Gibsons Italia and Z bar for drinks at Peninsula
Activity: Vavoom Pinups
Accommodations: Waldorf Astoria
Restaurant: Chicago Cut
Activity: Spa day at Waldorf or Ancient spas
“What’s” with the “Trip Sisters”
What’s in Your Suitcase?
Ashley Chloe – LUX True Wireless Headphones
$99.99 on www.ashleychloe.com
Rechargeable, compact wireless headphones designed with a female fit for womens’ ears.
What’s on your phone?
Bumble BFF – Free, available on iOS or Android
Similarly to a dating app, this app allows women look for women friends in the same way they’d find a date.
What’s the tip?
Valentine’s Day Travel Tips – Skyscanner.com
1. Your Valentine’s Day Getaway does not have to be on Valentine’s Day – It will be cheaper to travel on another date in February, and gives you a little extra something to look forward to.
2. If your mind is set to travel on Valentine’s Day, consider visiting an off season getaway. This lets you take advantage of discounts, and alone time together.
3. Choose a destination you have always wanted to visit
4. Go on a romantic cruise – Cruises and romance are a perfect combination.
5. Surprise her in a not-so-surprising way – Clichés are always true, or in this case, effective. Set up a romantic dinner; give your partner the usual chocolates and flowers.
6. Enjoy each other, just each other – Go someplace where you can be alone and enjoy each other’s company.
1. Take advantage of your freedom – Explore places on your own; because once you find your soulmate, you might miss these times when you enjoy yourself.
2. Conquer the world – Escape for awhile and go to your dream destination, solo.
3. Travel with friends – You’re single, but you don’t have to travel alone. Especially great if you have single friends too.
4. Go on a singles cruise – This gives you an opportunity to explore the singles population in search for a date.
5. Go on a food tour – Great way to enjoy some good food and meet new people. Go alone or with friends, either way you won’t feel out of place.