(CHICAGO) With a few days to go before football’s future finest converge on Chicago for the 2015 NFL Draft, drivers should be ready to tackle some traffic headaches downtown as crews prepare for the event.
Road closures near Grant Park and Roosevelt University started at 6 a.m. Wednesday, with Congress Parkway closed to traffic between Michigan and Columbus until May 8, according to the city’s Office of Emergency Management and Communications. Crews are putting finishing touched on a “Draft Town” of outdoor fan activities for the April 30-May 2 event.
Closures expanded starting at 6 a.m. Monday, with Columbus shut down from Balbo to Jackson through May 4, officials said.
On Thursday, additional closures from 3-11 p.m. include:
• Congress between Michigan and Columbus – including Congress Circle – until May 8.
• Columbus between Balbo and Jackson until May 4.
• Michigan between Balbo and Jackson.
• Wabash between Harrison and Jackson.
• Van Buren between Michigan and State.
• Congress between Michigan and State.