- Krissy Sigmund
- Title: Vice President of Chula Vista Resort
- Website: www.chulavistaresort.com
- Social: #chulavistawi #lovethedells #wisdells
- Facebook: Chula Vista Resort | Twitter: @ChulaVistaWI | Instagram: @chulavistaresort
Colleen & Catie’s Picks:
Catie – Washington, DC
- Catie recently went to Washington DC with her daughter for a three-day weekend. The Nation’s Capital will fully reopen June 11th, and most restrictions will lift May 21st.
- Full capacity limits allowed at restaurants, museums, attractions, hotels, shops, meetings and conventions and special events on May 21.
- Washington DC is an easy flight from Chicago (1.5 hours) and a great place to travel to during the Spring or summer.
- National Mall & Black Lives Matter Plaza – easy to walk or bike.
- National Gallery of Art’s Sculpture Garden (open 11am-4pm daily)
- Hirshhorn’s Sculpture Garden (open 10am-4:30pm daily)
- Enid A. Haupt Garden at the Smithsonian Castle (open daily dawn to dusk)
- Constitution Gardens and Signers Island
- New Memorials
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial – opened Sept. 2020
- Native American Veterans Memorial – opened Nov. 2020
- Monuments and Memorials
- Washington Monument
- World War II Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial
- Vietnam War Memorial and Vietnam’s Women Memorial
- Korean War Memorial
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- Jefferson Memorial
- We stayed at the Hay Adams Hotel. It’s a Leading Hotel of the world and located across the street from the White House. You can book dinner or lunch upstairs and see the magnificent view of the White House day or night as well. https://www.hayadams.com/
- We did not rent a car, instead took the Big Bus to site-see and a Water Taxi took us to Mount Vernon . You can also do the Capitol Bike Share.
- Blacklane Tour: Mount Vernon
- Water Taxi – Pick up at the wharf and drop off at Alexandria VA.
- Big Bus – The red loop is a hop-on, hop-off option Night tour after dinner. The Night Tour begins at 7:00 pm from L’Enfant. Download the app for live bus tracking, stop locations and times for each stop.
- the Wharf–Festival, District Doughnuts, Politics and Prose, Shop Made in DC
- Georgetown University – walk through campus
- Wave mural – DC is home to so many beautiful murals!
- Call Your Mother in Georgetown – If you grab anything here while you’re in be sure to order it in advance online. Everything is amazing and usually ready in 15-20 minutes for pick-up
- We rented e-bikes from Pedego Alexandria in the afternoon at 3pm.
Colleen – Chula Vista, Wisconsin Dells
- Indoor & Outdoor waterparks. Waterpark passes are included with overnight stays. There are 26 waterslides…altogether it’s 1.5 miles of fun!
- Spa del Sol is the perfect way to treat yourself while the kids have some fun at the waterpark.. They offer 5 different types of massages, facials, aromatherapy, mani/pedis.
- Golf Course and miniature golf available.
- An all-day pass to the 18-hole miniature golf course is just $9.95+tax
- Poolside cabanas available. Good to reserve ahead of time.
- They feature a TV, refrigerator, place to dock iPhone, and even a personal assistant.
- The beach, wave pool, kiddie river, and sport pool are currently closed. However, you can still ride the extreme slides, explore the splash pad, or relax in the lagoon.
- We went to the steakhouse 2 nights in a row…the best steak ever!
- The Dells Zipline Adventures is filled with rope courses and ziplining. Their newest 10-story zipline, Soar Like an Eagle, is a racing zipline that takes you flying down the course, head-first.
- We stayed in a beautiful suite with 2 rooms. And it was dog friendly! One of the only Water Parks that allows dogs to stay with you. There is beautiful nature surrounding the waterparks: a perfect place to walk the dog.
- Social distancing guidelines:
- Furniture has been grouped and moved 6 ft apart
- Clear queue lines and social distancing markers
- All equipment and amenities are continuously disinfected to keep everyone safe
“What’s” with the “Trip Sisters”
Catie’s travel gadget
- Natural pain relief and sleep support, perfect to use for travel. It’s a Women owned and led by women company. Mist your mood! Travel size, and Soak This day away. Bring with you when you travel.
- Available at Target in the sleep section.
- Clean mist infused with lavender and chamomile essential oils. This heavenly blend will help you unwind. Simply mist any time you want to decompress, relax, and soothe your mood.
Colleen’s stay-cation gadget
- Pull Start Fire ($17 for 3 pack) – https://pullstartfire.com/
- Easy-to-use fire starter, made with waterproof packaging & 89% recycled material
- No need to bring out your matches or lighter fluid when gathered around your backyard bonfire — Just pull a string!
- Has it rained? No worries. It will light wet or dry wood. No kindling required.
- 30 minutes of intense flame… rain or shine, windy or calm nights.
- Found at REI, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Camping World, Sportsman’s Warehouse, Amazon, and more.
- Easy and efficient for the teens to use, too!
What’s the tip?
- Catie- Tips for Visiting Washington DC
- Map out your travel.
- See what museums are open and book reservations at the museum as well.
- 6 Smithosonian museums open in Washington DC plus National Zoo opening by May 21 ( national gallery of Art).
- Book now for Memorial day, 4th of July or Labor Day
- Collen- Tips for Visiting Wisconsin Dells
- Plan ahead of time: Take a look at all the packages and deals, and make your reservations early so that you don’t miss out on a thing!
- Have a blast at the waterparks…but remember to check out all the other attractions they have. The plentiful tours, the spa, the golf, and so much more will add a diversity of fun to your visit–and will certainly please everyone’s interests.
- Grab a map! It can be easy to get lost in those miles of waterslides and ziplines…
- Bring water shoes to walk around.