By Jen DeSalvo, WLS-AM News
(CHICAGO) Warm weather has postponed the opening of the Maggie Daley ice ribbon this season, though it is slated to begin operations next week when the weather temperatures drop.
The ice rink at Millennium Park opens Friday at noon, which is hours before the 6 p.m. lighting ceremony for Chicago’s official Christmas tree in which is also in the park. Chicago’s official Christmas tree was moved last year from Daley Plaza to its new home in Millennium Park.
The first day of skating on the ice ribbon at Maggie Daley Park is planned to open exactly one week later on Nov. 25. along with the remaining outdoor locations throughout the city. Those locations include:
- McKinley Ice Rink
- Midway Ice Rink
- Mt. Greenwood Ice Rink
- Riis Ice Rink
- Rowan Ice Rink
- Warren Ice Rink
- Wentworth Ice Rink
Below are the hours of operation for both the Maggie Daley and Millennium Park locations.
Ice Skating Hours
- Monday – Thursday: noon – 8:00 pm
- Friday: noon – 10:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Thanksgiving, November 24, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday, November 25, 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Christmas Eve, December 24, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Christmas Day, December 25, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- New Year’s Eve, December 31, 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- New Year’s Day, January 1, 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- MLK Day, January 16, 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- School Improvement Day, February 3, 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
- President’s Day, February 20, 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
During the holiday break 12/24 – 1/8, the Skating Ribbon will be open from 10:00 am – 10:00 pm, with the dates above as exceptions.