By Jen DeSalvo & Ray Stagich, WLS-AM News
(CHICAGO) WLS-AM and The Weather Channel Meteorologist Ray Stagich tells us that the Chicago Bears have been tracking kickoff temps since 1963. Their coldest home game on record was 2 degrees (wind chill -13)
Their coldest home game on record was 2 degrees (wind chill -13) against the Packers on Monday, December 22, 2008. The second coldest home game on record was 3 degrees, also against the Packers, in December 1983.
With the Bears taking on the Packers in frigid temperatures yet again this weekend, there is a chance that the record for the coldest game since 1963 might just happen.
According to Ray Stagich, the forecast high on Sunday is -2 degrees.
Regardless, the game should also make one of the top 10 coldest games on record if predictions are correct.
Here are the last five of the top 10:
6. 1/20/2008 Lambeau Field Packers vs. Giants -4 (wind chill -24)
7. 12/3/1972 Metropolitan Stadium Vikings vs. Bears -2 (wind chill -26)
8. 12/10/1972 Metropolitan Stadium Vikings vs. Packers 0 (wind chill -18)
9. 12/26/1993 Lambeau Field Packers vs. Raiders 0
10. 1/15/1994 Ralph Wilson Stadium Bills vs. Raiders 0 (wind chill -32)